Venture Capital Intern
... work for a young and exciting venture capital firm based in Amsterdam
... be part of all aspects of a VC deal flow
... work in a fast-paced company, at the forefront of tech!
About the Role
What you would do in an average week while working with us:
• You can (and should!) take the lead in our outbound deal flow strategy. You are sales-driven and like to shake (virtual) hands with as many founders as possible. Together with the rest of our investment team, you will screen decks, conduct market research and benchmark competitors. You will be our research-lead and like to do the legwork.
• You like to be on the forefront of tech - you know what’s going and where we should look at.
• You feel comfortable setting-up and leading meetings with cool new investment opportunities, as well as with our current portfolio companies.
• You like to write investment memos or blogpost about pretty much everything that concerns our fund (think trends, opinions, ‘why we invested’, etc)
What we need from you:
• You are a team player: we need someone who catches whatever falls off our plates. On other days, we do the same for you –we all work together to move our fund forward, regardless of what your job entails on paper.
• Getting-things-done attitude with good vibes, high energy, enthusiasm and you love to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ideally, you have prior experience in an environment where you needed to 1) consume large amounts of information 2) quickly grasp complex and frequently changing concepts 3) distinguish key points from rubbish and 4) come back with clear and structured solutions.
★ Ideally, you have a background in a business-related field e.g finance/economics/econometrics/business economics. Don’t be afraid to apply if your degree doesn’t fall in that category. At our office, we’ve got people walking around with law-, journalism-, political science- and biology degrees. As long as you have a genuine interest in the world of startups and VC, you’re all good.
★ You can work independently and are not afraid to ask questions.
★ You are fluent in English and like to teach us some words in your native language (if you're not Dutch/English)
★ Opportunity to scan through thousands of business propositions and meet entrepreneurs whose idea will become the next big thing
★ Find your own path: at the Dutch Founders Fund, we are all about knowledge sharing. We make sure that you get the very best mentoring in all the things you want to become an expert in.
★ Flat, non-hierarchical organisation
★ We don’t really like suits – wear whatever you want.
★ Competitive Intern salary
★ Diners, borrels, getaways. Have we mentioned our Christmas event?
Our fund offers 3 and 6 months internships, with no fixed starting date. We like to retain talent as much as possible, many of our previous interns now work full-time with us.
About the Company
The Dutch Founders Fund is a young, Amsterdam-based venture capital fund that primarily invests in marketplaces and companies with strong network effects across Europe.
Our fund is founded by people who have started, scaled and sold companies themselves (WeTransfer, Fonq, Just Eat, Treatwell). Our team knows the growth pains of early-stage companies like no other. We look beyond the spreadsheet and know what questions to ask. Our mission is to scale founders together.
Since our establishment in 2019, we have made over 15 investments in high-flying startups, and we’re just getting started. Therefore, we are looking for an intern who can carry the workload with us and actively help out in every step of the investment process: from deal sourcing to due diligence and from portfolio management to writing content.